Thursday, November 15, 2012

So much for NaNoWriMo...

The whole 'write a novel in one month' thing didn't pan out as well as I thought it would. I've been too torn between writing the sequel to Regenesis and writing this new novel, Together, which is unrelated to the other series. 

Let me start by stating that the sequel to Regenesis is actually already twenty-two chapters complete, or rather, written out. There are a lot of changes that need to happen now, as I've changed quite a bit in Regenesis, but overall the process shouldn't be too overbearing. I actually hope to have the sequel out on the Kindle and in paperback format by Thanksgiving of next year...so assuming I can remain on task and focused in on this next book, it'll be in your hands then. After that though, it might take me a bit longer to write and publish the third novel in the series (which reminds me, there are going to be five in all, unless there's enough of a response for a prequel for a few characters...not going to say who just now).

Together on the other hand is an entirely different novel. It's much more low key; there are no murders, no capes and tights, and no serial killers. Together is a novel about a man who moves to Seattle from the Tri-Cities to recover after the end of his engagement to his girlfriend of four years. The main character, Mark, begins to heal when he meets a young woman named Claire who quickly becomes enthralled with Mark and forces herself into his life. Together is about how Mark and Claire use one another for selfish reasons all while they do their best to restore their own disjointed love lives. This book will also be about a fourth the size of Regenesis and quite possibly the closest thing I'll ever write that could be classified as a romance novel. But like I said earlier, Together might end up on the back burner if I remain torn between it and the sequel, considering the other is already partly finished.

I think I'll give it a few more weeks and if Together doesn't take off I'll move on. 

And by the by, Regenesis has had a fairly warm reception so far, and I would love to know what others think of the book too! (And if they felt so inclined they could also write a brief review on Amazon too...just sayin').

No comments:

Post a Comment